And then there were 5

As I was piecing quilt #3 I became increasingly aware that while the color scheme would be fine for my folks,' stylistically it just wasn't them. The paisley fabrics were just too traditional for their mostly native american decorated home. They live in the mountains and I felt they needed a quilt that more accurately reflected their style.
So scrolling through Pinterest (a highly addictive site) I came across this quilt:

I figured it'd be perfect if I could find the right fabric. So after LOTS of searching for something 'mountainy' I came across Birch Bark Lodge by Holly Taylor and a beautiful neutral that looks like sandstone. 

 The Birch Bark Lodge is really great, it's got all the same colors that are in my folks living room rug.


I'm really excited to get it all together and see how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment