Ta Da!! Joplin shirt completed

I mentioned in my previous post that I always have something go wrong in every project I do...sometimes I have more than one thing. So with this shirt I sewed the sleeves in backwards and decided to plow forward...the only remaining portion I had was the collar..which I had initially cut out the wrong way so it had absolutely no stretch and wouldn't even fit over the head of my 16 month old let alone a 5 year old, who the shirt is for. So re-cut collar. Check. Install collar. Check. The finished shirt looked nice but the collar looked enormous (at least to me)...I could fit my head through it. So I decided I needed to sew a second one because I couldn't send a wonkily made shirt as a gift to a stranger I'd never met and probably never will. Oh well. So shirt #2 went a lot quicker and with only minor difficulties.  The walking foot on my sewing machine kept snapping my needle so I took off the walking foot and went with a regular foot. It worked just fine except through some of the thicker parts when I had to tug a little. Once the second shirt was completed I compared necklines and found there was barely a difference between the two. Doh! 

Overall I'm really please with how they turned out especially since this is my first time sewing with knit fabric. I'm going to keep the one with the backwards sleeves since they do fall a little weird and send the second shirt to Project First Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment