A Zakka Tote

I decided to make another gift using a pattern from the wonderful book, Zakka Style. My first project using it turned out lovely and I was eager to try something else.  

I decided to go with the Zigzag Tote, the first project in the book. It didn't go quite as smoothly as I'd hoped because I was in a hurry to get it completed and I did a really dismal job at the quarter square triangles. So I whipped out some half-square triangles (of which I have gotten LOTS of practice on) and came up with this: 


Close up of quilting

Inside

I used Essex linen/cotton in Coral and a Moda Flora print left over from this quilt.  The inside was a Jennifer Paganelli print and a scrap for the pocket.  I did adjust the straps so that they were a little shorter and wider. Overall it's a really awesome bag that went together in just two days, even with the mistakes on the quarter-square triangles. I would really love to make this bag again using the double row of zigzags that are shown in the book...maybe next year I'll have to join a quarter-square triangle block of the month in order to get my skills perfected in that arena. Something new to learn, definitely open to that. 

This bag is already on its way to its new owner, my sister-in-law. I did add a note letting her know that if the color scheme wasn't to her taste I'd be more than happy to make another. It's awfully pink. Not in a bad way, just a lot of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment