First completion of 2012

I finished my mother-in-law's Flora quilt just in the nick of time. I literately took the quilt out of the dryer and put it in our suitcase on our way out the door to the airport.  I had to wrap it in the rental car at the restaurant where her birthday celebration was.
It turned out really beautifully. The quilting was lovely and I'm really proud of the piecing I was able to accomplish.




I even added a quilt label AND the pièce de résistance was a photo of all the family members pieced together via photoshop, printed onto fabric courtesy of bubblejet and then hand-sewn onto the back. 




My 'stitch happens' moment on this quilt was when hurriedly adding the binding I had right sides together but a little twisted. Luckily it was only a few stitches to rip out and try again. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment