January Half-Square quilt block

I've got my fabrics all chosen for the 2012 Half-Square Triangle Quilt-a-long, a few fat quarters from Moda's Butterscotch & Roses and a really dark gray polka dot that I'm going to use as the 'neutral'.


I'm going to use a great lime green houndstooth for the sashing & border and I hope it turns out okay. I really like the idea of the green breaking up the charcoal gray and I really like houndstooth. I hope I don't get too impatient waiting for the blocks each month. I'm sure I can keep myself busy with other projects. ;)


The block of the month for January is the Sawtooth Star. I decided to use the alternative method to put it together. Half-square triangles are definitely a work in progress for me. I was so excited to get started that I was zooming through and making a mess of it. I ripped out several seams and put it back together and ended up with this: 


Not perfect, but not too bad either. I'm looking forward to seeing how my skills get better from month to month. Hopefully I won't mind putting a January block in the same quilt as a December block. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment