Every night as I'm going to sleep I think about the next step.
I only bought one panel, so I had to do some piecing to make some of the sections large enough.
I was in such a hurry to get my fabric that I didn't plan very well. I had wanted to incorporate navy in some way but when I was planning out the jacket I just couldn't make it work without altering the feel of the jacket. I wanted it to be a 'spring' jacket and the navy was just making things too dark. So I ended up using it for the backing for one of the quilted sections. So the inside of the jacket will be navy & turquoise. I definitely didn't get enough fabric. I've been piecing things together in order to make things work.
I'm almost finished though and have really enjoyed each step of the process. I foresee quilting more garments in my future.
I really liked the block we made for April's Promise Circle of do Good Stitches and I think I've finally figured out how to get my blocks to come out 12.5" or more square. Pressing the seams open and doing an even scanter 1/4" than I was doing previously really helped. Also I've started using a shorter stitch length which has helped with the edges from unraveling....of course when I have to rip out my stitches it is a bit of a pain...win a little, lose a little. In the end it all came out good.