Make it Right challenge

I just realized that I haven't blogged much this month but not for a lack of sewing. Just a lack of pausing to document stuff. 
I decided to make a quilted jacket for the Make it Right challenge. I have been obsessed with it.  


Every night as I'm going to sleep I think about the next step. 


I only bought one panel, so I had to do some piecing to make some of the sections large enough.


I was in such a hurry to get my fabric that I didn't plan very well. I had wanted to incorporate navy in some way but when I was planning out the jacket I just couldn't make it work without altering the feel of the jacket. I wanted it to be a 'spring' jacket and the navy was just making things too dark. So I ended up using it for the backing for one of the quilted sections. So the inside of the jacket will be navy & turquoise. I definitely didn't get enough fabric. I've been piecing things together in order to make things work. 
I'm almost finished though and have really enjoyed each step of the process. I foresee quilting more garments in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment