Well, I decided to go with the first block I made using the half-square triangles.
Seems like I've been doing those for quite a while now.
With this particular design I have two print fabrics with one solid color and I found that if I pressed half of the seams towards the print fabric and the other half towards the solid color I could arrange them so that the points lined up perfectly.
I ended up making a total of 5 and am glad I decided to go with the more difficult block.
Since I finished up all my blocks for the 3x6 Quilt Bee I decided to join another one.
The NuBees quilt bee. I'm having a bit of an issue coming up with a block.
This one isn't a paper piecing one, so I can make whatever I like as long as I follow the color scheme of each hive member.
The first block I made was this one:
Which is made with half square triangles. Love the design, execution, not so much. The points are horrible.
Since this bee only runs for a month instead of 2 1/2 like the first bee I decided to make a simpler design in order to be able to complete it in time. So I came up with this:
Too busy. Not quite right. So here's attempt #3:
Better than #2, but according to my husband not as cool as the design of #1.
So I think I'll try to make block #1 again. If it works out better the second time around it'll be my final choice and if not we've got block #3 to fall back on.