New quilt in the works

My mother-in-law will be turning 96! in the middle of January. She lives in a different state than we do and we plan on visiting her to celebrate/visit with all the family. That gives me two weeks to finish a quilt for her.
I plan on making it a lap quilt, that is actually just for her lap, roughly 32" x 50ish" or so. I want it to be something she can just have on her lap when she's sitting to keep her legs warm rather than the larger 60x80 lap quilts that folks use to snuggle up on the couch with.
Once again, enter Pinterest. Someone pinned this lovely quilt and I think it'll be perfect for my mother-in-law.
source

I have a Flora charm pack by Moda and ordered some extra yardage from Burgundy Buttons, very nice of them to have a sale on the fabric I need. :)



I've starting cutting into the charm pack and my order from Burgundy Buttons should ship out today so I should be able to get rocking & rolling next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment