May the force be with you (& my sewing machine)

We decided that Ian was going to be Luke Skywalker for Halloween. He was originally going to be Angus Young from AC/DC but the jacket I bought for him last year in anticipation is too big. Probably next year, or a random Tuesday.

I combined different elements from the patterns I purchased at Fishsticks Designs and was able to come up with this:



I added strips of fabric to the bottom of the pant legs to mimic Luke's shoes since it'd be silly to try and fashion calf boots for a 19 month old. He looks so flipping adorable in it I can't stand it! I'll be sure to post some pics when he's all gussied up on Halloween.

It still looks a little karate-ish at the moment because I wasn't able to add the final accessories to the belt due to my sewing machine hanging up on me. NOOOOOOOO!!! Why must it break when I need it the most. It's a little work horse, maybe it needed a break...I just wish it hadn't been so literal about it.
So we'll have to figure out a light saber attachment for the belt that doesn't require sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment