March do Good Stitches blocks

Whew, being sick for the majority of March was a real bummer.
I was able to complete my blocks for the Promise circle of doGoodStitches though (again on the very last day of the month).
I was excited to see the block the quilter chose for March because it was one that I had pinned on Pinterest.
Then looking at the instructions I was a little dismayed because each of those tiny little squares is cut out individually...around 120 1 1/2" squares. Gulp. That was going to take forever. Luckily I have a Sizzix machine so I did some searching and scored a Sizzix die that was on clearance & had a 1 1/2" square on it. Sweet!

Little Miss Shabby scrapbuster #1

Little Miss Shabby scrapbuster #2
Once you have the squares cut out the blocks go together really quickly. I did mess up the first block by not reading directions correctly, but luckily it was easily remedied and only required a little bit of time with the seam ripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment